Friday, September 02, 2005

Now I can't sleep!

I woke up at 630 and can't get back to sleep. I am spending my time wisely though, I am filling out YET another application for Ramsey County Social Worker, DD. I am hoping the tedium will drive me back to bed. Yeah, not of the job, of the application.
What is going on here? Talking to my wise roomie, listing my list of possible reasons for strange work situation...
When I mentioned my "thing" about Minnesotans, she said, Maybe you need to let go of your attitude about Minnesotans. I quickly discounted that idea!
We are so attached to our ideas about things, aren't we? I mean, I can defend my thing about MNs with lots of experiences and things that I have seen first hand over the last 5 years...so that makes it true, right? So what if I am the one driving those experiences? Defending is such a strong postition.
I got a Qwest bill in the mail the other day and the charges are all screwy - this isn't the first time that this has happened to me with Qwest. In fact, when I first got my DSL, EVERY month for about 6 months they billed me for TWO DSL accounts. And every month I called (I started with, "I had to call" but I decided that wasn't really true) them up and argued (self-righteously) about it till I got it back to the regular charge. Last night when I looked at the bill, I said to myself, "great, tomorrow you will need to call them and fight for the correct charges." But do I? Do I really? Seriously, my stomach contracted thinking about it, and typing those words gave me the same feeling.
I could just call them and let them know about the error, couldn't I?
I am not "fighting" to get a job, either. I am just letting employers know that I am available to work. I am letting the universe know that I am ready to contribute my particular talents to the world. Right now.

No comments: