Friday, September 16, 2005

This is funny

Ok, there is a site that some guys started up:

http://www.hotornot.com/

Wait, let them tell it (from their site)

Back in October 2000, Jim and I were roommates living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Jim was in his seventh year as a grad student at UC Berkeley, while I was unemployed. In other words, Jim spent all his time playing pool and riding his motorcycles, while I went out and partied a lot.

One late Tuesday afternoon, Jim mentioned to my brother Tony and I that he thought a girl we recently met was a perfect 10. Meanwhile, I was drinking. Ever hang out with your friends drinking and come up with a totally crazy idea based on something someone said? Well, that's exactly what happened.

Jim built the site in a few days, and then HOTorNOT was "launched." Actually, all we did was email a bunch of our friends, telling them about the site. Within an hour, we started getting submissions to the site from people we didn’t know! It turns out that everyone we sent it to had passed it on to their friends too.

Ok, so, now, you can go there, and you can rate people. You rate the picture and then it shows you another picture. It sounds silly, right? But I just spent at least 10 minutes rating completely unknown people for no reason at all except to see the next picture. Man is a strange creature...

No comments: