Thursday, May 04, 2006

nice vs thunderbolt

I was reading something - Jailbait, I think and the main character asks her mom, how did you know Daddy was the "one"? And her mom was like, well, I just knew. What the heck does that mean?!
And then on some tv show...Desperate Housewives (yes, I admit to trash tv) the friends were talking about the merits of going with a nice guy who is kind and blah blah blah versus getting the "thunderbolt" and how good that is. And my old roomie was like, "the thunderbolt doesn't last."
My thing is, if you start with the thunderbolt, you have somtthing to hang onto when things are not so "wow." I mean, if you seriously hook up with your partner because they seem like a good choice, someone your family wants you to be with, where is your motivation? Unless you are in a country that does arranged marriages...but that is very different and a separate post.

No comments: