Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Body dismorphia

So, yeah, you know how it is about getting fit - trying to reach some goals, we all know that stuff, right? So I am running the Twin Cities marathon in October, and I really want to run respectably. I do not want to finish in 6 hours, I want to run the course. I was doing very well marathon training two years ago, but then the hip/foot trouble started and then I sort of accidentally re-started smoking and that kind of changed my stamina strategy. NO no, don't laugh. I kept running. I didn't stop, even when my smoking increased to half a pack a day. Seriously. But my stamina went down so fast, it was not pretty.

So, anyway, I quit again...when? I can't remember. Before we went to italy, so before November. I think before I got canned, too, so maybe August of last year. But my stamina still sucks! (So far. gotta remember to talk nice to myself) I am still working on it. I haven't given up hope.

Bre ran in Grandma's marathon last weekend, and he did great. 54 seconds too slow to qualify for Boston, but still great. He is quite a guy....

How hard is it to be happy with the body you've got? I mean, even while striving to be healthier, fitter, whatever-er, I know that it is best for me to love myself the way I am, but dang. Some days that is too hard. Seems too hard.

Currently reading:
Conquistador: A Novel of Alternate History
By S. M. Stirling

No comments: