Thursday, June 30, 2005

Denver

Bre always says that for me, sleep is optional. That is not exactly true, although I have tended to only need 5 or 6 hours a night in the past. I have been trying to get more sleep as an effort towards more health lately, and I really noticed when I cut down my hours this last 10 days. Also, he knows that when he is not over, I go to bed really late, 4 or 5 am. Part of that, as I explained to him, is that I get to do exactly what I want in those hours, with no distractions (usually reading). Part of it too, though, is that I hate to get into that bed without him. It seems kind of pointless, as there is no one to cuddle with...

So, talked all night with Kayeleigh, then got up late and talked all afternoon. We only had to be at the curtis's by 5 or 6...couldn't even make that appt! We went to eat at a wonderful Mexican place then drove around. She showed me how to get to the house where I will be house sitting and hence back to her place (she lives in a part of denver I am pretty sure I never spent any time in). We also went to see the new art museum which is, guess what? Yeah, a giant upside down triangle hanging over a street. We have a new building like that in Minneapolis too, I think.

Then we came home and talked some more. We talked about Giovanni and it was very interesting to compare stories...Giovanni was fooling around on her too...probably with the same girl he was fooling around on me with!

Anyway, things are going very well. I also did some work (after she went to bed) so that I can mail in my billing while I am here.

Haven't actually read much...guess will have to start that tmw. Also didn't run today, but i plan on doing so tmw from the Curtis's. My old roads there...I am interested to see how that feels.

Can't believe it is thursday already! Been smoking...hope to cut back before Bre arrives...smile. Also been drinking some raspberry tea. I don't know if it is the same as the one I liked at Cucumbers, but I like it, anyway. She has been cutting back on coffee so she switched to tea.

I think this weekend is going to be fabulous! We can do the art museum thing, Monday we are going to a barbeque with some friends of hers and maybe going down to the springs where her cousin is having a party. Lots of drinking will be going on there, but might go down just to see them. Kayeleigh quit drinking in Italy. She went to "alkie" classes there (her words) and she said it was wonderful and supportive. She realized that she wasn't doing herself any good. I want to ask more about it, especially after all the conversations we have had at work (PI) about AA and such but I haven't yet.

It was great speaking in Italian, too. Nice for both of us to remember. She claims she is not fluent but speaks well. Her place is much like I remember her spaces to be, cluttered and a little chaotic. She has tons of things in boxes...she has been gone much of the summer and then has to move at the end of...uh...july i think. She is going to be teaching undergrad archeology in the fall, kind of nervous about it, but not overly so. She is so smart, but doesn't give herself enough credit...yet. I am kind of embarrased...feel like I do not know nearly as much about psych as she does about archeology. I guess I need to do some more reading on my own about such things...I really only did the minimum in classes except for the practical application ones...and maybe there too...

Currently listening:
Awedony
By Amr Diab
Release date: By 13 February, 2001

No comments: