Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Change

So, now my question is about wanting someone to change. I know that that is not a healthy thing, to be in a relationship with someone and wanting them to change. But as my wise roomie said, it is difficult to be with someone and *not* want them to change. At what point, though, is it really unhealthy?
I have been considering this issue and I decided, I think I can live with his family not being the way I want it to be...after all, it is his family and who am I to say this is *the* way? I mean, I know I am not the one. I do. I know that my way is merely my way and not the right way. And I think that over time I can get used to it...as long as I stop putting myself out the way I have been. I think I can.
But I am worried about financial stuff. I have worked long and hard to create healthy ideas about money and I manage to maintain them 80% of the time (yeah, ok, a lot less since I have been out of work for 6 months). I do think I usually maintain a pretty good attitude about it. And it is hard for me to hear, see and be affected by his financial consciousness...before, when I was working I just kind of threw money at the issue...If he felt like he didn't have enough for something, I tried to help out. Now it is a lot more in the forefront because I don't have the income, and he is sometimes offering to help me, but it feels different. It seems worriesome and I do not want to add to anyone's money worries. I do not want to be helped out if that means he and his family might have to suffer (yes, ok, I know no one is starving but you get what I mean). I am just not comfortable with that.
bleh.
moving on to a new topic, damnit

No comments: