Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Italian night

So then yesterday I went to take a test for the county for Financial worker. The test went ok, I was flying through it then I got to the math part...there was no calculous or anything but dang. I should have known that when it said "you may bring a calculator" that really meant "you better bring a calculator" but I didn't and so in the end I was writing and writing and writing, all this silly adding, averaging, multiplying and dividing...I mean I filled up both sides of the scratch paper! Foolish me.
Then I fired up the grill to get it ready for cooking...it is made of cast iron so you cure it the same way you would a skillet. That was interesting, my first experience building a coal fire...
Bre came home and went for a run...we at the lovely grilled (in tin foil) veggies and burnt potatoes (yeah, ok, so...it was my first attempt) and then went to the Italian group.
I went in and there was a woman signing...I was really surprised. In the end we chatted (in ASL) for about half an hour. She was fascinating too! (or maybe I have been out of the loop too long....?) She is deaf and grew up traveling...she speaks something like 17 languages and also signs 6 I think she said. Woah, it was cool. She encouraged me to come on Fridays for ASL night.
We came home and watched an old recorded episode of Enterprise then did the crossword. After the lights were out I spewed out all that stuff I have been going on and on about here...Now, I have had lots of time to think about it so I think it came out nice enough...Yes, I know, midnight is not a good time for a discussion. I just could not keep it in any longer!
He wrote an email this morning about it and we spoke on the phone briefly (just) and I am optimistic about how it will all turn out. I guess.

No comments: