Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Spanish night

Hey, so I forgot to tell about going to Spanish night at Barnes and Noble. So Bre had his board meeting to go to so I went out to the Spanish group...it was fun! I didn't speak much but I did feel pretty good about how much I was understanding...
Then I met a couple of cool women...one had just stopped working at her job (maternaty leave...but I think she actually quit, not sure about that detail) and was talking about she and her friend and how they are hoping to start teaching spanish to little kids, starting a business. She seemed very interesting.
Then close to the end a woman came in and she was interesting too. She spend some years in Armenia...she spoke Russian and Armenian (and spanish) and I really found her stories fascinating. I hope to run into them again. I have got to get a better support system around me!
Also there were a couple of guys there, I guessed them in their early twenties...21, 22. Yeah, one of them turned out to be 28! So much for guessing ages. I have to admit I was eyeing one of them for my roomie...he was tall,dark and handsome...(though not bald smile).
Got home and Bre and I had popcorn. He read the rest of the evening...which is what started me on my recent rant. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself...
I think this is the hardest part about being here right now. Apart from feeling like a total slug for not working, and feeling kind of lonely all day, the hardest part is that I do not have friends around me like I have in other places and Bre really takes the brunt of all my crappy depressed feelings. I know that it isn't healthy to depend on your partner to meet all your needs...but since he is the only one around, I know that I do it.
I do rant to my roomie, but I know that is probably tiresome to her, too.

No comments: