Friday, May 06, 2005

Wed night

Went well, I was late, but it was ok anyway. They hadn't actually begun singing. Also I forgot my scarf thingy. Oh well.
I was thinking about the running thing...I think the reason I have gone to treadmill is that pain under the second metatarsil...running outside today was great and invigorating but man, I was definitely limping at the end.
After choir went to Bre's. We had some uncomfortable conversation - but I think we managed to come to a kind of resolve before I left. I don't like it when he doesn't ask me about my day...and that is getting to be a bigger and bigger issue, which makes sense. We have talked about it more than once and it does drive me crazy faster now than before. I know that we all have different ways of showing we care but that one is paramount for me, I like to feel that he is interested in my day, etc. But it is more than that, too. It is like my parents - yes - I know it is cliche - but it works. It is like Grace sending me Glamour shots for my birthday one year. That was a gift she wanted, not one I wanted. It is all well and good to have your way of showing someone you care, but if you don't show them in a way they understand, they wont understand!
Hmmmm. I think I said it better here than there. Funny how that heat of the moment thing gets in and smears your thinking.
The thing is, I do not doubt that he loves me, that he cares, not at all. I know he does things like forcing himself to stay up late because he thinks I want him to (because I stay up late) and forcing himself to do jobs around the house instead of sitting around reading, I know those are things he thinks he does for me. The only problem is, I don't want him to do them. I am not opposed to him sleeping when he is tired or to him sitting around relaxing on weekends. I have told him that, but he has yet to really believe me, I think.
I think I will write him an email right now, while I am feeling particularly clear.

No comments: